More anti-Chippy drivel this time from
http://www.ukasiaonline.com/news/chipping-norton-mosque-plans-scrapped-after-threats
Build a Mosque? Convert a house? Wealthy residents? Ronnie B and Keith Moon eh! Whatever they going to say next?
28 letters of objection and 2 in support and it still went through, and they wonder why someone got upset?
I honestly don't know what to say. Nice pic though.
Plans to build a mosque in the scenic Cotswolds market town of Chipping
Norton have been scrapped after site’s landlord was threatened.
Muslim residents in the wealthy town – whose residents include Jeremy
Clarkson, Ronnie Barker and Keith Moon – had been celebrating after winning
permission to convert a mews house into a permanent place of worship.The site’s 79-year-old landlord, Georg Wissinter, has now pulled out of
the deal after receiving a threatening phone call.
Mr Wissinter told reporters: “Someone rang up and said if you go ahead
with the mosque then it will get very hot. They were saying they would burn it
down. “I have got people in the flat above [the proposed mosque]. I cannot
take the risk.”
Town councilor Tahirul Hasan said a new site is now being sought.
West Oxfordshire District Council, which granted planning permission for
the mosque, received 28 letters of objection to the scheme and two in support,
according to the Oxford Mail.
One objector reportedly said: “Chipping Norton is the quintessential
English market town and as such it is attractive to tourists and visitors and
most who live here. “I would wish this English character to be preserved.”
Thames Valley Police are investigating the threat to Mr Wissinter.